Saturday 10 March 2012

Direct marketing- The mail I have received from the two events.



As far as direct mail went, there wasn’t much!

First off I have received a lot more notifications form Google alerts particularly for Florence and the machine than I have received first hand messages for the events themselves.

 (323 Google alerts to be precise). 


When considering how much is a good amount? It is a very hard topic to put a number on as you need to send enough e-mails or letters through the post to generate interest but not too much that it gets irritating and potential attendees get annoyed at the number of messages they are receiving.

Although I would say with these events there simply was not enough! I received three e-mails in total from TNT Travel show and they are listed below;


As you can see the first e-mail is after I have already booked tickets for the show despite liking there Facebook page and following them on Twitter and joining TNT magazine.. amongst other things that I thought they would pick up my e-mail from and send me mail.



The second message is just a general message introducing Eventbrite  who are the organisers of the show and is a nice e-mail to receive, as it has a link to information about the show and gives assistance on directions etc.


The last e-mail was sent a few days before the event took place just reminding attendees and also giving the link to print of the tickets for the day.

All in all the show has tried not to over whelm visitors with too much information and messages and has simply gone for what is the necessary information they need to know.

However if they were to do some advertising within those messages and possibly include some of their sponsors names or links to packages they can buy online they may have generated more money but would have ended bombarding there guests with fundamentally junk mail.

Florence and the machine on the other hand I have received no mail from what so ever, I’m sure the case would be different if I was attending the event but despite joining up to her fan page and tour page and also liking the Facebook page and joining her on Twitter etc. I did not receive any messages about the event.

In this case I think there definitely needed to be more direct marketing. As someone potentially interested in the event I did not hear anything over than the Google alerts I had set up whereas a newsletter or something along those lines occasionally been sent out to the fans maybe on a monthly basis, describing what Florence had coming up and pictures of her recent performances with links to music videos would really create a sense of feedback from the artist to her fan base and help to encourage repeat custom to her performances. 


No comments:

Post a Comment